Tuesday 29 November 2011

Drafts of digipak and poster designs (and feedback)

I have been working on the digipak over the course and alongisde the music video. I wanted it to be very simple on the front and back, and when it is opened be big bright and colourful to create a sense of magic.
These are some of the sketches I have done and scanned in to Photoshop.
I used characters and themes from fairytales and I am going to edit this into being bright colours and quite psychadellic. This is because I wanted the inside of the digipak to be very distinctive and relate back to our music video when entering the house.

In terms of the poster, I think this will be mainly photography, I have pictures which I shot on the day which I want to edit into a more atmospheric poster plan. I think it would be good to have tour dates and a link to the digipak to keep the target audience involved at all times.
These themes and visuals which are seen throughout the digipak can be linked directly back to the music video as well.


When it comes to feedback, the rest of the group agree with the ideas I have for the digipak and poster. Other people I have mentioned it to find it a great idea but it is also hard to visualise until the music video is complete as some of these themes and visuals are hard to comprehend.

No comments:

Post a Comment